31090051

Mr Buachaii answered my question on 30.10.2019 re copywrite

Customer Question

Mr Buachaii answered my question on 30.10.2019 re copywrite infringement by Mrs Audrey Hoffman by initiating publishing of my manuscript without my permission I was told I could sue her and am entitled to royalties from the publishing house How do I go about thes things
JA: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: I wrote the life story of Martin Hoffman in the first person he died recently but was a world class brige player who survived auswchitz
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: Npothing to darte I do not know who my local attorney would be I am in the UK do we have them?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know what would be reasonable to sue Mrs Hoffmn for AND HOW TO GO ABOUT LETTING PUBLISHING COMPAN KNOW i SHOULD BE RECEIVINF ROYALTIES
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 days ago.

Expert:  JGM replied 7 days ago.

Who is getting the royalties at the moment?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think but do not know that Mrs Audrey Hoffman will receive royalties or so she told from Master Point Press Canada cook only published a few weeks ago [ She and I reside in UK Please continue to answer my question
Expert:  JGM replied 7 days ago.

I think I saw your earlier question. My recollection is it was an unusual situation? Is this where the book was published as if he was the author? Did you ghost write the book? If not, why was it written in the first person? Was there any agreement between you and he?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes I ghost wrote the book as if he was the author. I had discussions with him and I still have some original notes from him in his hand writing . He would come to my premises we would talk then I would write and send what I had written to see if he felt comfortable with what I had created and this continued over a period of 3 years.He had not been to school past the age of eight and although highly intelligent did not have the confidence or ability to write it himself due to some of the terrible experiences he had been through [Auschwitz, mixed up with Kray twins gambling dens Mafia after him Yet he won world championships re bridge.
I have qualifications in educational psychology and Counselling [psychotherapy] which helped me to help him
In publishing my manuscript [he is recently deceased ] When his wife published my manuscript without my permission she altered the title, did put name in the acknowledgements but incorrectly [however I am easily identified as she added the name Lieron [my second married name but not actually used by me] as to the best of my knowledge no one else has this surname in the UK [my 2nd husband now deceased] NB The film star Omar Sharif wrote the forward as sometimes he was Martin Hoffman's bridge partner.

I understood that if the book was successful as the story is very commercial and could be made into a film we would all benefit financially and me in particular due to my three years work and my experience in dealing with emotional problems.
Expert:  JGM replied 7 days ago.

Thanks. If there was no agreement to say otherwise and you authored the book the copyright would remain with you and that is what I wanted to establish. Your solicitor should write to the publisher to assert your claim to the copyright as the author of the book and they can also sue the estate for breach of copyright for an amount of money that represents loss of royalties on past sales. The publisher should be a joint defendant in such a claim. They have published a work under a name without checking ownership of the copyright. The answer to your question about how you go about these things is to instruct your solicitor. The court procedures involved are not user friendly and you will need legal assistance face to face. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.