Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I was contacted by a claims company who are claiming that

Customer Question

I was contacted by a claims company who are claiming that they have won a PPI claim on my behalf through the county courts however they are requesting i pay their solicitors fees before any award can be released. just want to know if this plausible as they have sent me an invoice
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have check the company on the FCA website but they are not showing as registered but they are registered on Companies House and have been for the past 5 years with accounts reported.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

What is the name of the company? Please also provide any contact information you may have?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
YOUR CLAIMS MANAGEMENT LIMITED
Company No.08119096
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Can I just check if you instructed them to recover PPI for you and also have you been told who their solicitors are?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I did not and they didn't disclose who their solicitors are.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 15 days ago.

Ok thanks at this stage I certainly wouldn’t be paying them anything s it sounds all too suspicious. This is likely to be a scam where you are asked to pay money in advance before you get something, but once you pay, you get nothing in return.

If they have genuinely recovered that money, what is stopping them from using it to cover these fees – you can give them the authority to do so, after all the money is yours.

Alternatively, you an ask for the lawyers’ details, independently find them and contact them using their registered details on the Law Society website and check directly with them if this is real.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you