JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO:, Need help with composing a cover letter for trial

FAO: Jim,
Need help with composing a cover letter for trial bundle index which will be send to defendant.
Please see attached and let me know if anything needs changing.
Thanks !

That's fine - no need to send them the corresponding documents though at this stage. You are only asking them to agree the trial index at this stage.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks, Jim, i asked here for a review of the attached cover letter please.

I have reviewed it. I said

"That's fine - no need to send them the corresponding documents though at this stage. You are only asking them to agree the trial index at this stage.

Thanks"

The letter is fine but I was saying you do not need to send the defendant all documents at this stage

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ah, sorry, so the wording now i changed to:
Dear Sir,
Please find the attached Trial Bundle Index. We kindly invite you to agree on the bundle index. We will wait 7 days for your agreement, if you do not confirm back, we assume you agree to the index and we will send the bundle to the County Court at Coventry.
We are happy to accept your response via e-mail to address: [email protected]

-------------

Is this ok to send ?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
could you maybe edit it a little to sound more professional ? Thanks !

Hi, there isn't anything else to say as literally it's a bundle index which you are asking for their agreement to.

You could add "should we not hear from you by 4 pm on 14th November 2019, we will assume the contents of the bundle are agreed and we shall send the same to the court for use at the hearing".