12826847

Morning. I had received DLA with high mobility in 1999 for

Customer Question

Morning . I had received DLA with high mobility in 1999 for life . I’m 67 years old . Back in June I was forced to apply for pip under the new government rules . Yesterday I had a face to face interview with DWP . I was told I’m to old to claim pip it’s for 19-64 . But cannot keep my DLA award I had to fill in the pip form and 6 week wait to for a desicion.i was told I would possibly have to claim attendants allowance but won’t get that as I’m not disabled enough .
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: My face to face interview was yesterday how can you be forced to apply for something they no you won’t get and come of a benefit designed to help you till death ? . For people of 66 over we are being forced off DLA to claim a benefit not ment for our age groups is this legal
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: retired know
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have sent you a question regarding DLA award
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello are you still there I want to know is what the government is doing to myself and thousand of others with pip legal
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Aged over 65
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for the information

It isn’t illegal per se.

It might well be that you would succeed upon an appeal but that doesn’t make the policy or decision illegal.

They are entitled to assess claims for public money.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.