JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I am looking for some legal advice on how I can make my

Hi I am looking for some legal advice on how I can make my husband abide by the 4 weeks notice given to vacate the property I was awarded in a court order ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Kent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have given him written notice to vacate the property to which he is refusing.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of at the moment
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

There are a few ways to deal with this situation.

The first is to change the locks on the property so that he cannot gain entry. If he then tries to break in or have the locks changed again, you can involve the Police due to trespass.

The other way forwards would be to apply to enforce the court order - you can report the breach to the court using form D11 and enclosing a fee of £50 payable to HMCTS (unless you qualify for a fee exemption). The court will consider the application and send your ex a notice to leave - if they do not then they will be in contempt of court which means he is fined and may well be sent to prison. Your application fee is payable by your ex if the court finds he has breached the earlier order.

I do not think the Police would get involved at this stage - you can try them on the 101 number - they may say they need an order which holds your husband in contempt of court first of all.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

I hope I have helped.

Before you go please don't forget to rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars on screen and clicking “submit”.

Many thanks,

Jim