How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6012
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Ellen,I need divorce advise, No I've not done anything as

This answer was rated:

Hi Ellen,I need divorce advise
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I've not done anything as yet, sorry I was talking to my son via text, he is 32 7 lives in Oldham with his family.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: no which is why I came on here, I don't know where to go ?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In April this year our 34 year old daughter moved back home. For a few months my husband and I were sleeping in separate bedroom after we had finally got our house back, so that's added massively to this problem.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not working at present Peter so I cannot afford £44 to speak to you on the phone so we'll have to do text.

That's absolutely fine, just let me know what your questions are and I'll do my best to help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My husband and I have been together since 1982 we moved in together in 1985 as I had given birth to our daughter. This is a very complicated situation. I'll try my best to do a brief explanation.
In 2003 I was involved in a car accident when I was hit whilst crossing the road by a drunk driver so I must let you know initially I have a Brain Injury so get very frustrated at times. Anyway back to the issue. Ashley our daughter left home when she was in her 20's, however as she has recently well April moved back home so she can save for a mortgage as she isn't in a relationship. Earlier this year as we had now finally become child free my husband moved into the second bedroom so we each had our own rooms. He works as a Bricklayer and goes to bed earlier than me plus he has a PS4 which he spends any time he can playing on like a teenage boy. Now with Ash moving back home she has moved into this room so Ste is back sleeping in our bed and he is a really loud snorer. I actually can't criticise this too much as I snore as well but last night at 3am his snoring was so bad I came downstairs and got on the sofa which I also couldn't sleep on as the pipework for the gas in our house bangs. 6am this morning I slammed the door on the living room as I was cold and Ashley came downstairs saying what has happened and I lost the plot and told her she needs to find her own place or words in that genre. This all then erupted in a huge screaming match, she started crying and you know what it's like when a daughter cry's Daddy becomes angry that his little girl is upset and obviously as I am the person who has caused the upset the anger is directed at moi. Ste as I said is a Bricklayer and gets very nasty verbally when riled. I've had 37 years of calming him down and trying to make the peace but I am now at the end of the line, I was 55 a month ago and I cannot carry on like this which is why I've asked for help and advise.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know you said you would be able to answer straight away but as writing the problem took me a while I need to know you are still there Peter.

Yes, I'm just reading through the response now. Bear with me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry that's fine I will await your advise.

OK. I can set out the process for divorce for you, but I can't advise if you should divorce or not - this is a decision only you can make. Does this make sense?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
completely, I've been completing a D8 form so that's what I need help with. I wouldn't expect marriage advise from a Barrister.

That's fortunate! So what part of the form do you need help with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have ticked the unreasonable behaviour box but I am a little unsure about the financial information. Oh I used to work in compliance with a firm I was with for 11 years but got made redundant in 2011 and have been working in various temp admin roles so I am fairly literate when it comes to filling in forms.

OK, so under 10.1 you would tick yes to a financial order and just for yourself.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what about the application section and costs and the financial order section.

11.1 - that the marriage is dissolved

11.2 - Respondent to pay costs

11.3 - The Petitioner/ Applicant

Is there anything else on the form that needs clarifying at all?

plclegal and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you