Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I am making a claim against Network Rail. My dog was

I am making a claim against Network Rail. My dog was involved in an accident. It was on a beach and jumped a little wall to fall 20 feet onto concrete floor. Ligament damage to both front legs. Vets bill £13,000.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bournemouth Dorset. The accident happened in Devon. England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent a letter to Network Rail. They replied with a form for me to fill in. Network rail own the land where my dog fell. i was on holiday so did not know the beach but knew it to be dog friendly.They was a sign to say keep your dog on the lead but on seeing other dogs without I followed suit.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In the letter I pointed out that they were no notices warning of any dangerous falls or barriers to prevent accidents. There have been at least five similiar incidents at this beach.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

I have been asked to look at this for you.

Are you saying that the dog jumped over a small wall which had big drop on the other side which was not obvious?

Do you know whether any of the other incidents have ended up in court?

Ignoring signage, what could Network Rail have done differently?

Do Network Rail own this land and if so, is there a public footpath on it and if not, what basis were you on the land?

This it would assist me if I could have details of the layout leading to the incident and if you have photographs, that would be really useful. Thank you

Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience: Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That's correct. I don't know I know that one dog died because of a similar incident. if they had warned that part of the beach was dangerous or put up a barrier . Network Rail own the land. There is a public promenade that you walk along to get to the beach.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was with my partner and his 5 years old grandson and dog walking along the beach. We then stopped to look at some caves. My dog just jumped a little wall which we now know was covered by sand into a 20 foot drop.