Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

My business has received a CC Claim Form for losses that

My business has received a CC Claim Form for losses that arose from an ex employee whilst in our employmen
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Staffordshire. The CC is Northampton County Court. The first defendant is the ex employee name, at our business address, but the name was distorted in the envelope and i opened it.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to know if it is the ex employee or my business (we are a ltd company) that is liable. I do have a forwarding address for the employee. He left our employment in 2017, by mutual consent but he could have been sacked. The accident happened in 2015, he was driving our vehicle, but our insurers (Enterprise) have now gone into liquidation. The claimant is trying recoup vehicle hire costs

Welcome to Just Answer.

Is your company named as a defendant within the court form

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
On the stamped Claim form, the business is named but at the bottom where it says Defendant's name and address for service it is addressed to 'Mr Henry Tracy, c/o Feet First Farriers Ltd, Unit 9, ST18 9QE' it was actually delivered to an employee of Central Forge Ltd at Unit 8, (next door, but we own both businesses)
On the 'particulars of claim' the first defendant is listed as 'Henry Parkes' (i don't know who this) second defendant is Enterprise Insurance (in liquidation)