Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

It relates to the purchase of a caravan sited in a holiday

Hi. It relates to the purchase of a caravan sited in a holiday park. We bought it last year, but now we are being told by the owners we are not allowed to sell on. They say they want to update the plot in "a few years" and our only option is to sell to them. We bought the caravan from them in July last year for £6000.00, and they are offering £300.00.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ABERYSTWYTH, Wales
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, don't think so.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm is there a contract in place?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No contract was given to us. Only an invoice for payment.

Hi, thank you for your message. If there is no contract in place they have no right to prevent you from selling on and cannot demand that you sell to them. As for now it will be for you to decide if you want to sell on and for how much. If they harass you regarding payments you should contact the police and get a restraining order against them. Keep any evidence against them such as text messages, emails etc and do not reply as you can use this evidence if harassment charges are brought against them.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.