chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a tenant of a large housing association. I am fed up

Customer Question

I am a tenant of a large housing association. I am fed up with the amount of eviction notices that i receive from them!! I have always worked apart from the times I have been off sick like now. You keep them informed as to what the situation is but they feel entitled to keep seeking possession. I have never been a problem tenant by the way. Also some years ago I had to get a local councillor involved when I was off with my back. Again I am totally fed up with them as up to yesterday they were updated and this morning I have received another seeking for possession letter. This has happened so many times over the years and more so recently as I am off with torn ligaments in my knee. Is there a case for harrassment?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Milton Keynes
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: You're the first.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all for now.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 3 days ago.

Thank you for your query. Have you filed a formal complaint with the housing association?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No. I want to find out if I have solid ground for proceeding. I will not talk to the housing association as they have proved on numerous occasions that they do not listen or care.

Based on the limited information you have provided, I am of the opinion that you would have grounds for proceedings.

I would suggest that you first file a formal complaint to the housing association. I am not expecting that you get a satisfactory response. Once you do receive your final response, you should escalate the complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. Their details can be found at the following link: https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,