How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14255
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I am a tenant of a large housing association. I am fed up

Customer Question

I am a tenant of a large housing association. I am fed up with the amount of eviction notices that i receive from them!! I have always worked apart from the times I have been off sick like now. You keep them informed as to what the situation is but they feel entitled to keep seeking possession. I have never been a problem tenant by the way. Also some years ago I had to get a local councillor involved when I was off with my back. Again I am totally fed up with them as up to yesterday they were updated and this morning I have received another seeking for possession letter. This has happened so many times over the years and more so recently as I am off with torn ligaments in my knee. Is there a case for harrassment?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Milton Keynes
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: You're the first.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all for now.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 3 months ago.


Thank you for your query. Have you filed a formal complaint with the housing association?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. I want to find out if I have solid ground for proceeding. I will not talk to the housing association as they have proved on numerous occasions that they do not listen or care.
Expert:  INC Law replied 3 months ago.


Based on the limited information you have provided, I am of the opinion that you would have grounds for proceedings.

I would suggest that you first file a formal complaint to the housing association. I am not expecting that you get a satisfactory response. Once you do receive your final response, you should escalate the complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. Their details can be found at the following link:

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks,