Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I would like to find out whether Agricultural Property

I would like to find out whether Agricultural Property Relief applies to a farm house which is rented out. If so what is the rate?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
JA: Where is the farm located?
Customer: Let me find out now
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, agricultural property relief applies to let farm land. If the property is let on a tenancy that began on or after 1 September 1995 then the relief is %100%. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What would be the rate of APR?

The rate is 100%. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Does it make a difference whether the property is currently being used as a second home by the Trustee?

Hi thank you for your message, well the property must be must be occupied by someone employed in farming or a retired farm employee or the spouse or civil partner of a deceased farm employee. Therefore, if the occupier does not fall in those categories then the relief does not apply.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
So in other words the farmhouse must be let out to by someone employed in farming or a retired farm employee or the spouse or civil partner of a deceased farm employee. If the occupier does not fall in those categories then the relief does not apply.
Precisely yes. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Just to be clear, the farm house must be rented to someone employed in farming or a retired farm employee or the spouse or civil partner of a deceased farm employee.
Yes if it is rented out. It can also be occupied by the owner provided the property is part of a working farm. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.