Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I previuosly got into debt due to a relationship breakdown

Customer Question

Hi i previuosly got into debt due to a relationship breakdown and suffering with mental health I am now being chased for a ccj against me from 2008 for 10k .. i have worked out my finance and can only afford to offer 50.00 per month .. do you think this will be accepted or any advice appreciated
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in Wales, UK I havent spoken to anyone as yet
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing at present I spoke to the debt agency chasing me and they have sent me a mointhly budget form and that is it
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

Have you applied to Court to vary that order?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No i havent done anything at present .. I cant even remember what the debt was for but I know i was in a bad way financially around that time.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
can i just do things on here please Jamie i suffer with anxiety and i know i wont answer the phone
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

Ok - then yes, they must take that. If they do not then the reality is there is nothing they can do.

They can only make you bankrupt, which they won't.

As such offer £50 per month on a without prejudice basis.

Technically they need to provide you with a copy of the CCJ before they can enforce it.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.