How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3554
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

A judgment has been made against me and l need some help

This answer was rated:

Hi a judgment has been made against me and l need some help please
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I love innSouthall Middlesex close to London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: It’s very old debt Creditcard from Santander about 12 years old. It should be statue barred. However a payment was made to the account y some towards the debt saythe solicitors and it’s not statue barred
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I requested proof from the solicitor and wanted to know who paid money into tha account . They ignore my letter and sent me what kind of looks like a court dicu
Hi thank you for your message, are you able to upload the document they sent? Have you contacted Santander to inquire about the payment?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Santander said the account was closed and they do not have any records

Hi thank you for your message, so I think your best option would be to apply to have the judgement set aside, to do this you will need to fill in the application notice (N244) and send it to the court. You may have to pay a court fee of £255. You'll have to go to a private hearing at the court to explain why you do not owe the money. In this case you can explain the debt is more than 12 years old and the action was not brought within the 6 year limitation period for breach of contract. The N244 is here:

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you