Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I have a problem at my sailing club.with a man who is one of

Customer Question

Hi I have a problem at my sailing club.with a man who is one of the commadors ,(front of house comadoor)..he's is very very controlling.. I trusted him at first .but for quite a while I feel as though he has been harassing and intimidating me in front of other members..I was getting on with my boat business carrying some things in the yard ..and he was standing with friends outside on the bar balcony he was drunk..and decided out of the blue to shout at me and say you fat barstered..I felt quit upset it was inaproprate to say that and the others laughed. Show case me.intimidation.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Well after that he keeped trying to pressurized me into buying a boat .I refused .and then he tried again .i was talked into it and gave him a deposit £300 then on taking a closer look at the vessel i changed my mind.and he returned the deposit..
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have to finish the story up to date.he gave me back the deposit .and I though that was it ..but then I noticed my boat would be damaged or something missing something loosened like lots of nuts .my engine cover was pushed of .my battery were stolen...he came uptown me on his own and basically said you should have bought my boat if you bye my boat I will leave your boat alone...and this has been going on for at least 3 to 4 months..I had a word with the top man who is called the commodore.. and is a of duty police man .and had a word but he took the side of the front of house commander...I feel as I haven't done anything.wrong
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I can say hand on heart I have done everything asked of me at the club.and more.i haven't done anything wrong.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 12 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm do you have any written evidence?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No he is a cowboy boat seller that's why I pulled out..no paperwork.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am English from the UK.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He also said he didn't like my cockney accent. And he says thing to me on my own when there is nobody else around.all the time about buying his boat even though months have gone past and he gave me back the £300 deposit..its like his pressurized me to bye it again..then damages my boat..I have no cctv but I no it him or maybe one of his gang.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I thought he was a friend but unfortunately he is a parasite.minipulator .I think I want to leave the club now.after 3 years.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have invested quite a lot of money into my sailing .and training.and I like the rest of the members there.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He said one time on our own talking that I am still working and he is drawing pension ..so I guess he is selling boats as a alternative income.
And other stuff.outboards and dingys
Like an illegitimate business.

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. If you feel harassed you should contact the police and they will investigate the matter for your. You will be asked to provide them a statement and they will notify you if they arrest/charge him. If the matter is brought to court the judge may award a restraining order against him preventing him to contact you. A restraining order is made by the criminal court to prevent a person from contacting or pursuing a course of conduct with another person. The order is designed to protect the person named from crime against an individual and they can be made on conviction or acquittal of any criminal offence. Any person convicted or acquitted (found innocent or not proven) of a criminal offence can be made subject of a restraining order. You can find your local police here: https://www.police.uk/contact/

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner and just answer will credit me for helping you.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 11 days ago.

I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.