JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO:, the defendant responded to my email with the attached

FAO: Jim,
Hi again, the defendant responded to my email with the attached documents.
here is what he said:"Hi, received your email. Could you please forward me copies of all the documents listed in your trial index so we can review. Thanks"Do i have to send those documents to him ?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Also, what shall i say in my response ?

No, he just needs to review the trial index. Ask him if he agrees to the index or not. If he does then send everything to the court. If he doesn't then see what he wants to be added from his side.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Jim,
i sent the letter to him, and he answered, he mentioned we have a hearing not a trial. After that i started to wonder if i am doing all correctly ? Can you please confirm.

here is what he said:
Hi we have a hearing for 45 mins in December and not a trial so my last offer to you is if you want to exchange the supra for the grey supra
I’m willing to to a swap with no further money for you to pay let me know your thoughts

A final hearing is the same as a trial.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok, but they never mentioned its final
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I mean the court never mentioned that

So what is the hearing coming up? Didn't they say you had to prepare a trial bundle?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I sent you several time the letter with hearing information

Can you please upload it again? I presumed it was to decide the outcome of your case

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It was just a notice I shall attend, nobody mentioned anything else in this letter

Like I say I presumed it was the final hearing. I didn't see anything in the order which you uploaded previously that it would be anything else. The court order should say what it is about - if not then it may be worth putting in a call to the court to ask them.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
please find attached - this is all i got from the court

OK, I have a suspicion that the hearing on 10th December is to determine future directions of your claim.

I say this because the directions questionnaire was sent to the court back in July - and nothing further seems to have been made in terms of dates for disclosure or exchange of witness evidence.

It doesn't help that the order doesn't say what the hearing is for - but I do not think now that it is for a final hearing - I think it is to determine the dates for how the rest of the case will run.

But I cannot be sure as the court order doesn't say anything - if you ring the Coventry County Court on 0300 123 5577 and ask to speak to the "civil listing section". Then ask them what this hearing is for.

If you could please post a new question to the main site, it will not cost extra assuming you are a member. If you would like me to deal with the new question please mark them “FAO:JIM” and I will pick it up as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK, i will definitely give them a call. So now when you know where we are, i will post new question how to prepare to this hearing.

No problem, if it is a case management hearing to determine directions then that is easy - you just need dates to propose to the judge (for disclosure of documents and exchange of witness evidence, and a trial window etc) which I can help you with.