JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I gave a personal guarantee on an overdraft for my company,

I gave a personal guarantee on an overdraft for my company, the facility was not renewed and my solicitor at the time wrote to the bank advising I will not renewal the facility or give further undertaken. The banks agreement was annually renewable, their paperwork states it will not renew if the document is not signed and returned. I neither signed it and my solicitor cancelled it. The bank are chasing for money

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

A persona guarantee is usually made by a deed, so it needs to not only be signed but witnessed too. If you did not sign anything then the bank cannot pursue you - any claim they make against you can be easily defended.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

I hope I have helped.

Before you go please don't forget to rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars on screen and clicking “submit”.

Many thanks,

Jim

JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience: Senior Associate Solicitor