Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I had a phone call saying that this person was Warrant

I had a phone call saying that this person was Warrant Officer and I owed £1700 And needed paying today or he would put a warrant out to collect goods to the value in 7 days
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No charges has been filed as as far as I know. I told him to take me to the small claims court which he replied he not as it was business to business After speaking to him he said would ring firm I owed too and got it down to £814 if i paid today and the firm sent me an invoice to that amount
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: On the phone and invoice sent by e-mail The phone is now going straight to answerphone
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I sent a message to the web site of the firm asking about this as they have got a phone number as it say I have to pay it back them on Bacs because it not to do it on a credit card

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

What number did you receive the call from? Please also provide any other contact information you may have

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
07753213677
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Last Media is the firm is firm who sent the invoice
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No phone number just E-Mail [email protected] Web www.lastmedia.co.uk

Thank you. I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Can I just check what you are supposed to owe money for – is it the media company who have said you owe them money and have instructed the warrant officer to pursue you?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
that is what is what he said and said that he would ring them to get a discount before he put a warrant out as long as I paid today. His name is Mr Turner with the phone number 07753213677 which is still going straight to answerphone. Their Letter with the invoice is dated today. States:- As per your request I inclosing copy of of our invoice

So did you ever deal with that company? and engage their services?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
not that I know off

Ok I certainly would not be rushing into making any payments if I was you. At this stag you simply have some stranger contacting you to ask you for money for a service you do not even recall having and a company you have no recollection of dealing with. No matter what threats and demands they make and how bad things may get for you if you don’t pay, do not be pushed into paying them anything.

It makes no difference if this was a business to business transaction – they still have to go to court and win and get a court judgment in their favour before they can do anything against you. Without that, they have nothing on you and all they can do is make requests for payment, which you can safely ignore until they do get their judgment, in which case you would have 30 days to pay before they can take it any further.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank You. That is what I thought

All the best