UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I've just received a letter from the police saying that they

Customer Question

Hi I've just received a letter from the police saying that they are intending to take proceedings against myself for doing 37 in a 30 zone. My sat nav showed I was doing 32. I already have 3 points on my licence what will the courts do as I need my licence as I am a hgv driver
Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, where is this? And when did this happen?
Customer: It happened on the 1st November @ 3.53 am and in Wakefield near the company I was driving to
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: A638 Dewsbury Road Wakefield West of Townley Road
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It doesn't say anything about court
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 12 days ago.

Hello you can either accept or deny liability. If you accept it will be 3 points and £100 fine. If you deny, then the matter proceeds to court where if you lose, you could end up paying substantially more. Can I clarify any particular points for you? If not; kindly leaving a rating. The thread remains open so you may ask further questions at no extra cost. Regards, John.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi I'm just filling the form on and in bold lettering it says if fail to provide driver number you will not be considered for a course. I have 3 points already I'm not denying as I can't prove my sat nav speed

Yes you may eligible for a speed awareness course if you have had no offences in the last 3 years. This way you will not get the points. However, if you do not have the course offered to you then the penalty is 3 points and a fine.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I would be grateful for a positive rating if you could click the stars at the top. Please also note the thread remains open for any further questions. Thank you.