How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK Solicitor John Your Own Question
UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 518
Experience:  8 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK Solicitor John is online now

I talked to someone yesterday but didn’t have time to pay

Customer Question

Hi. I talked to someone yesterday but didn’t have time to pay and get connected to someone. My query is regarding a cleaning company that cleaned my house weekly until August when at their suggestion the contract was ended. They owed me £150 and I still haven’t had the money back, despite emailing several times a week. Their number is ***** disconnected, is there anything I can do?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Winchester
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed several times a week and have also tried calling but their number is ***** disconnected I think - it just says “call failed”
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that’s it
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 3 months ago.

Hello I am just reviewing your question and will provide a response shortly.


Please note this is not a chat service so there may be delays in responding.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 3 months ago.

Do you know the name and address of the company?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yes. Helping Hands Cleaning. 1 Fyfield Way, Perham Down, Andover SP11 9JZ
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you need any other details?
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 3 months ago.

Ok thank you.


If you have a monetary dispute and unfortunately you have not been able to recover your money back, the only option you now have is to issue court proceedings against them in the small claims court.


Before doing this, write the company a letter stating the reason why the money is owed and advising that you want your £150 back. Given them 7 days to respond, failing which you will issue court proceedings against them.


If they do not respond to you, then you should go to the money claims online website here


Here you can issue against them, you will need to pay an issue fee, but you will recover this back from the other party. Based on £150, the court fee to pay will be £25. You will also get interest added onto your money from the date of issue until the date of judgement at a rate of 8% per day pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act.


I hope you have found my answer useful. I would be grateful if you could take a brief moment to provide me with a positive rating before you leave the site. This way JA credits me for my time in helping you. Please remember to return to the site if you require anymore assistance. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Please take a moment to provide a positive rating for my time in helping you. I would be grateful. Thank you.