UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I talked to someone yesterday but didn’t have time to pay

Customer Question

Hi. I talked to someone yesterday but didn’t have time to pay and get connected to someone. My query is regarding a cleaning company that cleaned my house weekly until August when at their suggestion the contract was ended. They owed me £150 and I still haven’t had the money back, despite emailing several times a week. Their number is ***** disconnected, is there anything I can do?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In Winchester
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed several times a week and have also tried calling but their number is ***** disconnected I think - it just says “call failed”
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that’s it
Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 6 days ago.

Hello I am just reviewing your question and will provide a response shortly.

Please note this is not a chat service so there may be delays in responding.

Do you know the name and address of the company?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes. Helping Hands Cleaning. 1 Fyfield Way, Perham Down, Andover SP11 9JZ
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Do you need any other details?

Ok thank you.

If you have a monetary dispute and unfortunately you have not been able to recover your money back, the only option you now have is to issue court proceedings against them in the small claims court.

Before doing this, write the company a letter stating the reason why the money is owed and advising that you want your £150 back. Given them 7 days to respond, failing which you will issue court proceedings against them.

If they do not respond to you, then you should go to the money claims online website here https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Here you can issue against them, you will need to pay an issue fee, but you will recover this back from the other party. Based on £150, the court fee to pay will be £25. You will also get interest added onto your money from the date of issue until the date of judgement at a rate of 8% per day pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act.

I hope you have found my answer useful. I would be grateful if you could take a brief moment to provide me with a positive rating before you leave the site. This way JA credits me for my time in helping you. Please remember to return to the site if you require anymore assistance. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  UK Solicitor John replied 1 day ago.

Hello. Please take a moment to provide a positive rating for my time in helping you. I would be grateful. Thank you.