Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am in a 45 day consultation period due to my place of work

hi i am in a 45 day consultation period due to my place of work closing.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am in sheffield they are offering me a new role although with a slight change of title at the company offices in Bury, i can take the role or redundancy my question is can they reduce my salary? my contract will change too?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have had my first consultation meeting yesterday i have been given the job description but no package or salary details as yet, they want me to express an interest in the role by friday
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so thanks

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. Firstly, I need to ask some initial questions to determine the legal position.

How long have you worked for this employer and is the new role significantly different?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can i cancel please didnt know there was extra cost

Don’t worry about the pop-up mentioning a phone call – this is an automatic offer made by the system, giving you the opportunity to pay extra to discuss things over the phone. However, it is entirely optional and if you just ignore it and close it down you will not be charged extra and we will just continue in writing at no extra cost.