JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I wanted to know a reasonable notice period for an implied

I wanted to know a reasonable notice period for an implied contract
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

What area does this contract apply to? employment, tenancy, etc?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Business - We have a customer who has no formal contract and have given notice and I would like to know the an acceptable notice period

It would depend on the facts of your case and the court would ask the question of what a reasonable notice period is given he complexity of the transaction, money involved, and other elements. I would have thought anywhere between 14 days and 28 days would be reasonable. Like I say, very hard to determine without knowing all the details but I would propose 21 days as a mid point for your purposes.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim