JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

If someone has made an unjust allegation for harassement

If someone has made an unjust allegation for harassement causing me distress and legal costs for advice what is the legal action to claim compensation for that and the libel?

Someone has alleged harassment against you? And in turn that caused you distress?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes

Thanks, if that is in relation to an allegation and they lose then you would have a case. Either in criminal law (e.g. they allege that deliberately to cause you distress) or in a civil law context, where you can sue for damages to reflect distress. If there is any merit in their allegation or if the court finds in their favour, you would not have any comeback though.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It was made a while ago and has been investigated thoroughly with no such proof

OK, that would mean there may be grounds to issue a claim against them in that case.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What claim?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
For legal advice costs, distress and libel?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
All in a damages ?

Yes, all costs which flow as a result of their conduct, which would include legal costs and then damages for distress. Libel is defamation so harm to reputation needs to be proven but a no win no fee law firm should be able to help - I can recommend any of these firms :

https://www.samuels-solicitors.co.uk/libel

http://www.slatergordon.co.uk

https://www.carter-ruck.com/media-law-defamation-libel-and-privacy-lawyers/no-win-no-fee-funding

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Good morning
I do not have time to search for a law firm. I need to post the claims Monday as the jr application has been processed. Can you help me with the questions I am asking about these two seperate claims
1. Injuction
2. Damages
Please?

Hi, if you can post new questions to the site and mark them for my attention, I will pick them up.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok,thanks
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have marked one for your attention asking about what to send if I need to amend the grounds of a jr.
Could you go there please?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
And there is one question about the kinds of injuctions too.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There are two questions about how to amend the grounds of a jr.
One is in your name as well. Could you please pick them both up so that I can ask a few details please.
I am sending everything tomorrow.

Thanks, the N244 form would be used to amend - copy attached. The court fee is £255 payable to HMCTS.

There is useful commentary here: https://immigrationbarrister.co.uk/amending-grounds-in-judicial-review-proceedings/

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for the article. I understand better that it has to be a formal procedure.
Only that in the case of my jr the grounds do not really need to change but additional information now exists that actually supports the existing ones.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That is because some of the defendants had not provided their response after the letter before the claim which has now been received from all.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The jr had to be submitted because two decisions one from Natural England and one from the Environment Agency were three months old and could not wait anymore.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
And actually because of this I made two jr applications.
Application 1 with defendants:
Natural England and Defra as one
Environment Agency
IOPC whose grounds were finalised

And in section 8 a separate jr application for the LGO and police whose grounds could not be finalised.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But I send a draft of them and after receipt of the final responses the grounds are indeed valid as the final decisions stayed the same. I would just like to elaborate a bit more but it is not so important maybe.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What I would though like to do is swap the order of defendants.
As they are many there will be at least two hearings.
Do you think I can do this?

It would be at the court's discretion but it is possible, yes.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok I will write to ask them thanks.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
There are two more same questions, can you just pick them up please and if I want smt more I will go there and ask.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There is one question about Natural England. Could you please pick it up?

I can't seem to find it but I am not knowledgeable regarding Natural England in any case. Another expert should pick it up later - when was it posted as I cannot see it? I can at least take a look to see if I can help.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can you see the two about the amendment if grounds on the 5th and 6th of Nov. Please pick them up otherwise they will be closed . I have something more to ask.