SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I had CCj in this September will it go on public records

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
And how does it affect if Iam applying for British citizenship

hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. It will already be on public records as it has been 30 days since you got the ccj regrettably, so paying the debt now will not have it removed. I hope this is useful and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
And how does it effect if Iam applying for British citizenship

You will have to declare it. Anything in the last 3 years will be considered however if it is the only issue you have and you have no criminal convictions it is highly unlikely you will be refused because of the ccj alone. I would not be discouraged from applying however what you should not do is to lie, you will have to disclose it and if there are exceptional circumstances why you ended up with it you should explain. alternatively if you should not have the ccj and it was a default judgment as opposed to one after a hearing you should apply to have it set it aside and you can google CPR rule 13 which shows you the grounds under which a default ccj will be set aside

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
?

You have a ? but I am not sure what it is for. Thank you for your rating.