How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35920
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I bought a Range Rover Sport in October, I asked if the car

Customer Question

I bought a Range Rover Sport in October
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I asked if the car had finance outstanding it was a private sale was told no the people who were selling the vehicle was selling it as there father had died we agree a price of £ 6000 I paid £100 deposit the rest would be paid by bank transfer I paid £900 and my son paid £ 5000 so total £6000 today the car was reposed for Close Fianance what can I do to get the money back or get the car back I bought it in good faith the person who sold it has cut his phone off I do have address of these people how can I do anything
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have rang Clos Finance and all they say it there car and I didn't get a receipt but Ive got a copy of the bank transfer and so has my son both copies are being sent out by our banks
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I bought I have a bad knee I bought the car because its an automatic so I don't have to use my left leg Ive been waiting for a knee op I am a pensioner and cant afford this loss my date of birth is 30.04.49
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 3 months ago.


Thank you for your query. Were you given a receipt for the purchase?