chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I did a one off lecture for a medical training company 10

I did a one off lecture for a medical training company 10 months ago and they are refusing to pay. When I call or send messages they do not ansa. I was supposed to be paid £200.00
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London. Uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I called, text, emailed the lady who owns the company
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know how I can claim my money

Thank you for your query. Did you sign an agreement with the other party?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No it was a verbal agreement. I was referred by a common friend. She needed someone who was a registered General nurse to teach day centre stuff on Diazepam and epipens

Thank you for clarifying. You first need to write to the other party and demand that you are paid within 14 days or you will issue proceedings. You should mark the letter, Letter Before Action.

If at the end of the 14 days you have not been paid, you will have to issue your claim. You will be able to do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.