plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I would like to know who in government I can contact to get

Hello, I would like to know who in government I can contact to get financial help? My husband has 'MIX' ~ Alzheimer's/Dementia and recently left a tap running through the night. This caused flooding which led to ceilings having to be removed. This happened in May this year. The final problem has been completed today 07/11/2019. There has been a lot of hard work, chaos and total mess. Now we have to have a hedge brought lower and this is insisted to us by the local government and we simply cannot meet the cost of what the Arborist will charge us.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: TS148JR / North East
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have just been told today that I have until Nov 1st 2020 to get this job done.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No apart from my husband is 85 and I am 83 years of age and we have our pensions.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you clarify - the issue is the hedge being lowered, at the request of the council, and you have around 12 months to complete this?

What is the quote that you have had for the work?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

The council INSIST the trees MUST BE LOWERED!! I clearly stated that I have until February 01st 2020. NOT ONE YEAR!! The quotes I have had: £800.00 & £650.00. Myrna ****

OK, you did say Nov 01st but not to worry.

Have you approached the council and asked whether there is a grant that you can apply for, in this case, to assist with the cost of the work?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No that's why I contacted JUST ANSWER for suggestions of people I can approach

OK. Have a look here - there is plenty of information about applying for hardship grants on this link in your local area:

http://www.stocktonadvice.org.uk/grants-assistance/

I hope this assists.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I hope it does too. Many thanks

My pleasure.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law