Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I suspect my soon to be ex husband has stolen mail of mine.

I suspect my soon to be ex husband has stolen mail of mine. I have been waiting for him to present facts from them at a financial order hearing but instead at the recent FDR his barrister has asked for a direction that I have to produce a BR20 form evidence. If I do this I won't be able to prove he's committed a criminal offence. What's the best way to proceed?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: FDR was yesterday. Barrister asked for court directions.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Worcester family court
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you for your message, is the evidence requested through the BR20 the same evidence contained in the mail you believe has been intercepted?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Not quite. It's in relation to an opted out pension I drew last year. I suspect he's stolen mail in relation to this but has been told he can't use it as its illegal so instead his barrister has asked this backdoor way round.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi a phone call would be difficult as he still resides in the house, albeit upstairs.

Hi thank you for your message, I understand the difficulty, please ignore the call request as this was sent automatically by the system and I cannot do it in any event. I can instead advise via message. Your only recourse is to try and argue against the disclosure of the information, however, this will be difficult. Ultimately, the court will want to see this information in order to determine a fair financial settlement. Therefore, whilst you may be right that he has taken this information the request in itself is legitimate. Consequently, I recommend you comply with the request. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.