Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Assistant: How can I help? I'm trying to sort out my

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm trying to sort out my business insurance but just a little unsure of this statement that I'd have to agree to. Could you possibly explain this legal terminology.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Amendment of Territorial Limits DefinitionThe following part c) is added to Section I and Section II of the definition of Territorial Limits:c) anywhere in the world in respect of any consultations and video media delivered over the internet in connection with the business of the insured PROVIDED ALWAYS THAT notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary the limit of indemnity in respect of any claims arising from such consultations and videos delivered to persons residing in the United States of America or Canada shall be inclusive of all legal costs awarded to any claimant or incurred in the defence of any claim that is contested by or with the consent of the insurer.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I'm in London
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm getting a quote from an insurer. Working with clients in the USA or Canada would be an addition to my policy so I literally just want to understand what I would be agreeing to based on the statement I've just sent.

Hi thank you for your message, so in effect what that clause is saying is that there is a limit to the cap, a figure somewhere else in the policy and that for work done outside Canada and the US it would appear that the cap does not include the legal costs of any action against you but in Canada and the US, the cap includes legal costs. To give an example of this let us say that the cap is £100 if an action was brought against you in France and the case was lost or settlement was reached of damages to the claimant (the person bringing the action against you) of £100 plus their legal costs of £20 then the cap would mean that the insurance would pay out £120. On the other hand if that same case was brought in say Canada the cap would mean that the insurance would only cover up to £100 total not the full £120. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Glad I could help, take care.