SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Our rental agreement expired on 16th July 2019 and since we

Our rental agreement expired on 16th July 2019 and since we had already received a bank offer for the mortgage, we contacted an agency by the name of Erica asking for their advices whether to sign a two-month contract or not. Their answer was affirmative and we followed their advice, confirming that in approximately two months we will move out. However, our completion was on 25th September but since it was not possible for us to leave the place automatically, I personally called the landlord informing him he could have the keys on 2nd October at the latest. Our packing and moving were so well organized that I phoned the landlord and told him we would be ready for handing in the keys on 1st October. His answer was that he was busy and would collect the keys on the previously agreed date, 2nd October.After we handed in the keys, he told us that the agency was going to do a check out report. That came as a surprise to us because when we gave notice from the two months, the agency told us to agree everything with the landlord, so we asked him how come.That same evening I sent a text to the landlord that we were not going to sign a report we had not attended. As it happened, they did their report and wanted to deduct £700 from our deposit. I am forwarding you that email report so that you can see it yourselves.The damages are mainly due to a leakage which was there when we rented the flat. The water inside was only lukewarm and I can also talk a lot about the presence of humidity. While the landlord refused to buy any dehumidifiers for fear of damages, I had to buy them myself to dehumidify our rented residence.The most important "damage", however, on behalf of the landlord is that he hadn't insured our deposit, so now three months have passed, the bank says they can do nothing about it and I wonder how come noone has informed us about that. To me, this is clearly some kind of fraud and I would like to take these fraudsters to court.
Could you kindly explain what my losses will be and what my chances of winning are - everything to the last detail.
Kind Regards
MariyaSent from my iPhone
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: E16 2RX
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i don’t know
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. I am reading your information now

Did you have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No thank you

Hi, did you request a call by mistake maybe? I have accepted your call request but there is no response. Let me know if you require me to try and call back. If you requested in error dont worry any payment would be reimbursed as I have not spoken to you, if deducted from your account you can just inform customer services and they will be able to check that I did not speak to you and reimburse

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I press by mistake

No problem, dont worry as you have not talked to me when I called any call charge normally just be refunded to you. I have no way however of stopping other experts from trying to reach you as the call offer may bounce to them if the system thinks i am too busy to call you. if you just ignore the call it will lapse with time. So the initial rental agreement what type of agreement was it?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don’t wont because is not free advice

I am not sure I understand your last message. You only get charged additional to your trial if you select calls or any other premium service. You accepted the call offer and you explained to me that it was by mistake and as such if you have been charged you would be reimbursed anything charged. If you do not need any further guidance that is absolutely fine I can move on and assist other customers. All the best in any event. Just check that you cant claim compensation for the failure to protect your deposit if the landlord had the obligation to, he would not if you had a licence agreement or lodger's agreement.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok call me please

The call is charged, are you happy to have that charge then as it would be applied from when you answer?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No thank

Ok