SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Thank you. Yes please. I entered the country for my Uk army

Thank you. Yes please . I entered the country for my Uk army recruitment assessment which I went through but got medically deferred based on my BMI and I was asked to loose weight which I stayed and have been able to sort out but the new date for my assessment is on 13th January 2020 where as my visa expires on the 5th of December 2018. So I wanted to know if I could apply for an extension on the visa or what my option are at the moment . Thank you.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven’t applied for the extension yet , I’m from Ghana and I currently live in Bristol.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No please I haven’t.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the necessary documentation for the medical referral from the army and the GP too. That will be all. Thanks.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patienced. What visa do you have currently?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have a visit visa

Hi visitors visa is generally not extendable and as such you would normally be required to leave and apply again. If you have your invitation letter for the new assessment date and you can show that you now meet the requirements you could consider submitting an application and seeking an extension on exceptional grounds but there are no guarantees, it would be the decision maker's discretion. If you meet the requirements and have all your supporting evidence if they refuse the extension you would want to just go back to Ghana and apply for another visitor's visa and pay the premium service for a quick decision.

I hope this is useful and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Well thanks for the help . I’ll get in touch if I need any form assistance or enquiry’s.

No problem at all. All the best.