How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4771
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Can you get Power of Attorneys for health and welfare and

This answer was rated:

Can you get Power of Attorneys for health and welfare and financial if the person is deemed not to have the capacity to sign one?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live near Swindon
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My Brother has got the two power of Attorneys but ones that need to be signed by my Mother.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.

Hi thank you for your message, yes you can. In order to do this, you would need to make an application to court for them to make a decision to award you power of attorney. You need to download and fill in:

an application form (COP1) -

an assessment of capacity form (COP3) -

a deputy’s declaration (COP4) -

an information form (COP1A) if you’re applying to be a property and affairs deputy -

an information form (COP1B) if you’re applying to be a personal welfare deputy -

You must name at least 3 people in your application who know the person you’re applying to be deputy for. For example, their relatives, a social worker or doctor.

Send the originals to the Court of Protection with:

2 copies of your application form

1 copy of the other forms

A cheque for the fees

Send the forms too:

Court of Protection

PO Box 70185

First Avenue House

42-49 High Holborn



I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you