Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I purchased a used car over a month ago. Within the first 3

Hi there, I purchased a used car over a month ago. Within the first 3 weeks it showed numerous faults. I requested a refund as per the Consumer Rights Act and was promised this refund. I have photos and videos of all the faults, plus all of the email evidence and dates of me notifying the garage owner within 4 weeks of purchase, and of his promise of a refund. He is now disputing this and telling me his law cover (Lawgistics) have advised him to get the gearbox independently checked before giving me a refund. If I am correct, any of the faults, including the seals not working and the car being sodden, and the drivers side window not working, as we as the gearbox fault, mean I have a right to a full refund. Could you correct me if I am wrong please, or confirm. Thank you
Assistant: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: The car was purchased in Wokingham UK, and I live in Dorset UK. The car was purchased in September, and he was altered to the issues within 3 weeks.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I originally sent videos and photos of all the faults to the garage owner who agreed to a refund. He has been dragging his feet this past 2 weeks and has now said his law cover! Lawgistics are involved
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He also never sent the dvla the change of ownership papers, which means the car is still registered to him. He is insisting he takes the car away for an independent gearbox check, however the moment he collects the car without refunding my money, it is back in his possesion under his name. Thank you

Hi thank you for your message, under the consumer rights act you are entitled to a full refund, as long as the fault is reported within 30 days as here and the garage does not have a right to repair. If they continue to fail to pay the refund you can bring court action for the money. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.