SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

HOW CAN FIND IF THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE LEGAL FATHER BUT HAVE

HI HOW CAN FIND IF I AM ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE I AM THE LEGAL FATHER BUT HAVE TROUBLE GETTING ACCESS FOR MY DAUGHTER KIND REGARDS
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: YES TODAY BUT ITS KILLING ME NOT HAVING ACCESS WITH MY DAUGHTER
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: IM IN STAFFORDSHIRE AND MY SOLICITOR SAID IT COULD TAKE UNTIL AFTER CHRISTMAS. IVE BEEN TOLD IF IM ON THE BIRTH CERT SHE CANNOT REFUSE ME
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: IM SORRY LIKE WHAT ??

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. Due to data protection the registrar will not give you that confirmation unfortunately. The only way would be if the mother tells you or shows you a copy of the birth certificate. Being on the birth certificate at leasr guarantees you that you have parental responsibility without having to apply for it. however you could consider making an application for disclosure before filing an application for parental responsibility with the court and your daughter's mother will have no option but to comply with the disclosure order to provide you with copy of the birth certificate. Your solicitor is right with regards to the application for parental responsibility however should you make an application during pre-action for disclosure it may be heard sooner.

I hope this is useful and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If she gives me access say for 2 hours and I decide to keep her over night can she get me arrested. As I lived with my daughter since the day she was born. I’m a Electriical engineer and work long hours and would like some quality time with my princess but unfortunately she is using my daughter as a tool. I am concerned that it will start affecting her mental health as we are very close even though it’s been over 1 week of not seeing her