How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 75741
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Paul i am going to court on Monday with my boyfriend as

This answer was rated:

Hi Paul i am going to court on Monday with my boyfriend as witness as a fake taxi tried to collect us one night and got very aggressive when we asked for id an when we refused to let him take us home claiming he would worked for a local company. I took a photo of him and said that if you work their you won’t mind me checking he tried to remove my phone from my hand. Do we need to get a solicitor
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Given statements to police and now called as witness from pps we haven’t taken any steps
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that’s everything

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

You mean you are giving evidence as a witness?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the information and the time.


In that case, you can't get a solicitor. You are a Crown witness. You are dealt with by CPS.


Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.


Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you for your advice

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile

Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you