12826847

Paul i am going to court on Monday with my boyfriend as

Hi Paul i am going to court on Monday with my boyfriend as witness as a fake taxi tried to collect us one night and got very aggressive when we asked for id an when we refused to let him take us home claiming he would worked for a local company. I took a photo of him and said that if you work their you won’t mind me checking he tried to remove my phone from my hand. Do we need to get a solicitor
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Given statements to police and now called as witness from pps we haven’t taken any steps
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that’s everything

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

You mean you are giving evidence as a witness?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Yes

Thanks for the information and the time.

In that case, you can't get a solicitor. You are a Crown witness. You are dealt with by CPS.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok thank you for your advice

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/