SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

If I placed an order from Alibaba.com on trade Assurance

If I placed an order from Alibaba.com on trade Assurance order and the package gets delayed apparently due to customs - the supplier has no proof it was customs fault - can I get a full refund?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I’ll wait

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. The terms and conditions of the order are what will dictate whether you get a refund. If there is no guarantee for date of delivery you will not succeed with a refund claim. Generally imports have a disclaimer on delays due to customs and no guarantee of delivery date. You can insist on evidence and if you osid by credit card or Paypal you can request refund from them instead of seller. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you find contact information for a company in China?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, is it normal for commercial lenders to review and update a current ongoing mortgage? Why would they ask after 8 years of being with them - where the deposit for buying the property was generated from?

Hi thank you for your messages. I cannot find details for a company registered in china unfortunately.

It could be they are doing an audit of mortgages and they could ask for any evidence really, however unless the money was held with them 8 years is too long most banks will only keep information 6 to 7 years.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It’s an ongoing commercial mortgage- why ask me now where I got the deposit from and what my assets are? A bit strange isn’t it on a fixed commercial mortgage?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They gave me the mortgage 10 years ago - i think 8 years left on it. Can they increase a fixed mortgage? Or are they trying to investigate something?

It is very likely something triggered by money laundering regulations because source of substantial sums of money has to be confirmed and maybe they didn’t ask you at the time and it has been picked up on audit. It can be for any reason, unless they tell you I would know and you won’t know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Triggered by Money laundering regulations - can you give me an example? Something I might have done to trigger something?

There is no exhaustive list of what can trigger enquiries. The bank ultimately has to make sure they know where money they handle comes from and they can check at any point. If you do not recall being asked to confirm source of funds it could seimply be that they have noted you did not confirm so it is not necessarily anything that has happened now. You can ask you bank this to save yourself from speculating.