Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I want to appeal a written county court judgement, as I

I want to appeal a written county court judgement, as I believe I was badly represented by barrister and during the case, the Judge instructed all of us not to discuss the case. What should I do please?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Midlands
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None so far, but mentioned it to my solicitor, who told me barrister is against it
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not now. I need advice on wording of my instructions to both legal; as I will be suing for professional negligence if I do not get the appeal.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I am still waiting for the answer

Welcome to JA, when was the judgment?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Last week
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry I prefer writing and I am using oxygen mask
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Are you still there or not

Yes i am still there

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Good morning. I have been waiting for over five hours for an answer

You can file an application for permission to appeal within 21 days from the date of the judgement.

However i suggest this is something you will require assistance on completing from a solicitor that knows your case inside and out

I hope you understand what I have stated and am sorry you have had to wait 5 hours for a response.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Solicitor is always referring back to barrister and this is rather worrying because the barrister didn’t put case forward properly. Can I do t alone
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Which court form number is this and where do I get it. I have no time for incompetence

You can but i would not recommend it especially when you have had a barrister and solicitor involved who may have documents and/or information that could be the difference between winning and losing.

I will send you the form shortly

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They lost the initial ruling
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I need the form and will see if appealing by myself it too much or not

Perhaps you should consider instructing another solicitor ASAP as they can obtain your full file from your solicitors.

They will review it and advise whether it is best to file an appeal now or pursue a negligence claim against them.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n161-appellants-notice-all-appeals-except-small-claims-track-appeals-and-appeals-to-the-family-division-of-the-high-court

Please click on the link above as that will have the appeal form and the guidance notes on how to complete the appeal form in accordance to your case.

Before you complete the form, please contact your solicitors and ask for a copy of the full file as they may be other things to explain why your case should be reconsidered.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. I shall look at the form then decide if to consult another solicitor
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have the full file already

ok please ask for the barrister to provide copy of this " attendance note" as this is the barrister's recollection of what happened at trial.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
You have been helpful. If I need help finding a no win no fee I would be back

Ok no worries.

Please before you leave please rate the assistance provided by using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service provided