How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1382
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I want to appeal a written county court judgement, as I

This answer was rated:

I want to appeal a written county court judgement, as I believe I was badly represented by barrister and during the case, the Judge instructed all of us not to discuss the case. What should I do please?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Midlands
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None so far, but mentioned it to my solicitor, who told me barrister is against it
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not now. I need advice on wording of my instructions to both legal; as I will be suing for professional negligence if I do not get the appeal.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am still waiting for the answer


Welcome to JA, when was the judgment?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Last week
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I prefer writing and I am using oxygen mask
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still there or not

Yes i am still there

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. I have been waiting for over five hours for an answer

You can file an application for permission to appeal within 21 days from the date of the judgement.

However i suggest this is something you will require assistance on completing from a solicitor that knows your case inside and out

I hope you understand what I have stated and am sorry you have had to wait 5 hours for a response.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Solicitor is always referring back to barrister and this is rather worrying because the barrister didn’t put case forward properly. Can I do t alone
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Which court form number is ***** and where do I get it. I have no time for incompetence

You can but i would not recommend it especially when you have had a barrister and solicitor involved who may have documents and/or information that could be the difference between winning and losing.

I will send you the form shortly

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They lost the initial ruling
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need the form and will see if appealing by myself it too much or not

Perhaps you should consider instructing another solicitor ASAP as they can obtain your full file from your solicitors.

They will review it and advise whether it is best to file an appeal now or pursue a negligence claim against them.

Please click on the link above as that will have the appeal form and the guidance notes on how to complete the appeal form in accordance to your case.

Before you complete the form, please contact your solicitors and ask for a copy of the full file as they may be other things to explain why your case should be reconsidered.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. I shall look at the form then decide if to consult another solicitor
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have the full file already

ok please ask for the barrister to provide copy of this " attendance note" as this is the barrister's recollection of what happened at trial.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You have been helpful. If I need help finding a no win no fee I would be back

Ok no worries.

Please before you leave please rate the assistance provided by using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service provided

Anthony Chendo and other Law Specialists are ready to help you