Miles Bentley
Miles Bentley, Senior Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), CPE, LPC
102609820

I am being harassed by bailiffs for a bill which I have made

Good morning I am being harassed by bailiffs for a bill which I have made a payment for although I paid it late . He said because I did not make arrangements with anyone from their office they still what me to pay their bailiff charges. The bill is around three hundred pounds and he has said he is coming to take my car which is worth more than this. So my question is when he comes so I open the door for him or not as I feel he is threatening
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Essex England
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have paid the whole amount which I owed
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please ask what the law says about bedbt which has been paid late but it has been settled and debt collectors who carry on demanding extra charges and are very threatening.
Good Morning, I am sorry to learn about your situation. I am a Qualified Solicitor with over 20 years of experience in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will revert back to you today. Please note this is an email service and not a live chat so there may be some delay. Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Good morning and thank you