How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14900
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

Assistant: How can I help? I need advice on how to become a

This answer was rated:

Good morning
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need advice on how to become a deputy for my husband who has had a stroke and is unable to manage his financial and personal affairs. EE have put my husband on a pay monthly tariff of £94 per month. My husband has not used his mobile phone for 6 months and EE are refusing to reduce the monthly payment or cancel his mobile phone as I don't have a power of attorney. I have been told that I need to be appointed as a deputy by the Court of Protection, but I don't know how to do this. Kind Regards, ***** *****
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am based in Surrey
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing at the moment. Just accessed HMCS website
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know can I take EE to court?


Thank you for your query. Do you have a Power of Attorney for your husband?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I don't have a power of attorney.


I see you have requested a telephone call. Would you still like this service?


If you do not have a Power of attorney for your husband, you will need to make an application to the Court of Protection to be appointed as his Attorney. Further details of how to make the application and the forms required can be found at the following link:

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

INC Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you