chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Assistant: How can I help? I need advice on how to become a

Good morning
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need advice on how to become a deputy for my husband who has had a stroke and is unable to manage his financial and personal affairs. EE have put my husband on a pay monthly tariff of £94 per month. My husband has not used his mobile phone for 6 months and EE are refusing to reduce the monthly payment or cancel his mobile phone as I don't have a power of attorney. I have been told that I need to be appointed as a deputy by the Court of Protection, but I don't know how to do this. Kind Regards, ***** *****
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am based in Surrey
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing at the moment. Just accessed HMCS website
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know can I take EE to court?

Thank you for your query. Do you have a Power of Attorney for your husband?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, I don't have a power of attorney.

I see you have requested a telephone call. Would you still like this service?

If you do not have a Power of attorney for your husband, you will need to make an application to the Court of Protection to be appointed as his Attorney. Further details of how to make the application and the forms required can be found at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/courts-tribunals/court-of-protection

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,