How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6013
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

After a trial the Defendant was ordered by the court to

This answer was rated:

After a trial the Defendant was ordered by the court to transfer the title deeds into my name by 23rd May 2016 which he has refused to do. I have completed the TR1 and sending it to the court asking the Judge to execute the TR1 pursuant to Section 37 of the County Courts Act 1984. Is there any other form to fill in like a D11 which I understand is used in divorce cases
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No. It was not linked to a divorce, it was a builder
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Just need to know what form to fill in to apply for a Judge to sign a property transfer in place of a respondent who has failed to transfer property pursuant to court order that instructed him to do so
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

In the county court you use the N244 application notice to make a general application such as yours.

The form is here:

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I take it that the claim number on the form is the one where the judge ordered him to transfer the property to me
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cancel that call. I have just seen it will cost £44

No problem, you should not be charged for the call.

Yes you can issue the application under the previous claim number.

I hope this assists.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you