Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have been called to an NGAP magistrates court, what does

I have been called to an NGAP magistrates court, what does this mean? Am I expected to plead not guilty?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Derbyshire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing, I was arrested 18 months ago, and have just received the summons to the court
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The charge was for possession of animated images of under 18s

Hi thank you for your message, this is an anticipated not guilty plea case this is to do with disclosure requirements, in essence cases are split into two streams cases where the defendant is expected to plea guilty and those where they are not. You can however plead guilty if you wish but you should ensure you have received legal advice before the hearing. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
When I was arrested, I openly confessed to having the images, but wasn’t aware it was illegal since they were animated. With being called to an NGAP court, is it better to plead guilty since I confessed to having the images, or not guilty since I wasn’t aware it was illegal?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
If you are available to call that’s very greatly appreciated, but messaging is still great, I just have a few questions about the best course of action as above

Hi thank you for your message, without looking into your case further and the circumstances of the alleged offending I cannot say either-way. You will however, be entitled to get free legal advice from a criminal solicitor who can look at your case and obtain a view on the evidence to do this you will need to use the find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case criminal law.You can filter by legal aid i.e. free legal advise. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I am unable to call but any money for a call will be refunded to you.