UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

I wanted to know what are my right v my insurance motor

Hello. I wanted to know what are my right v my insurance motor company when my car got stolen.
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, UK
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Reported to Police, my insurer. I'm waiting for an appointment with their inspector.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I must give authority to to other parties so my insurance company can talk to them directly?

Hello welcome to Just Answer. I will be happy to assist you today.

What other parties are you referring to? And what specifically would you like to know?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My finance company for example. My insurer asked me to get such an authority, so they can ask for an outstanding balance on my account. Then the insurer said that it is fine if I organise the balance and send it over to them. I just wonder, taking into account, new data protection laws if the insurer asks me again for such an authority do I must give it to them or can I say no and get all the answers they are looking for, i.e. from my finance company, myself and send it over to them. Does it make sense?

Ok thank you. Well you do not have to give it to them but refusing to do so may halt their investigations. If you are able to get the information they need and send it over to them that would be fine as well. If it is only the balance they need, you can just get this yourself and send it to them. Data Protection covers sensitive and personal information so anything you are uncomfortable with disclosing just make sure they only use it for the specific purpose of the claim.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok. Thank you very much for now. I'm sure I'll be in touch soon.

No problem. Please let me know if anything further is needed, I will be happy to help. Please also provide a positive rating for me by clicking the stars above. The thread remains open so you would be able to ask any more questions at no extra cost. Regards, John.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Oh one more question. Do I have a right to know what an insurer want to ask other parties like the finance company??

You have a right to know anything that involves you, so yes