How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK Solicitor John Your Own Question
UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 849
Experience:  8 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK Solicitor John is online now

Is a company called roofing mega store I ordered some sheets

This answer was rated:

Hi there is a company called roofing mega store I ordered some sheets from them which they haven’t delivered to me on time and never delivered they refusing refund £456
Assistant: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: 27th October which supposed to deliver 30th which they haven’t then it was rescheduled for 31st nothing happened then I told them now they no good to me it was for kitchen which had hole in it so I had to get something done they were ignoring me and send me an email saying u ll get them on 5th nov
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I been cancelling it since written to them plenty times and they saying it’s our company policy
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s all really

Hello, what are they saying is their company’s policy? That they do not give refunds?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They say it’s made to measure which is not true if u check their website I ordered standard size sheets not from made to measure section
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Uptill today no delivery and they refusing refund saying it’s urs anytime u ask us and we ll bring it to u but no refund

Ok, so what you would now like back is the refund of your money?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Ok, to get your money back you will need to write them a letter requesting a refund and give them 14 days to respond. In your letter state the reasons why you want your money and specify the amount they owe and state if they do not respond in 14 days then you will initiate a claim against them in the small claims court.

If they do not give you the money, then you should go to the money claims online website here and begin the process.

Due to the value you can do the claim yourself without the need for a solicitor. You will need to pay an issue fee but that will be recovered. Interest will also be added on to the amount from the date of issue until the date of judgement at a rate of 8% per day.

I hope you have found this useful, please provide a rating and do return to the site if you need more assistance. Thank you, John

UK Solicitor John and 9 other Law Specialists are ready to help you