Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Can a judge accept or reject an IVA? Assistant: Where is

Can a judge accept or reject an IVA?
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london uk
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: many offers to the creditor
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Good Relationship with other creditors such as Banks
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Im forced into an IVA as the creditor is senseless to the offers I made , the amount is less than what the banks want from me and it can be repaid in much less time then in an IVA period
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They are pushing me to pay more and more
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have very strong witness statement which shows the fact that they don’t actually want to recover the money they want to ruin my life and reputation only as the amount is in no way a loss to them as the creditor is multimillionaire with offshore companies such as gambling shell companies and stocks
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
They want £15000 and I offered them £2500 upfront fee plus £750 a month thereafter which will take less time to pay than in an IVA where the other creditors need to be involved
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can I use the fact that the deposit I pay to the landlord/ petitioning creditor was not registered in time nor was returned or cut from the rent arrears. The deposit was registered 6 month after being received and the law says that they need to pay 3x the deposit if they didn’t comply with the Housing Act

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok ill wait

Hi thank you for your message, yes the court can reject the IVA this would usually offer if the insolvency practitioner recommends the IVA be rejected. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can I counterclaim the petition because the landlord didn’t protect my deposit and didn’t returned it either
Hi thank you for your message, yes in your response to the court set out that the landlord failed to protect your deposit and accordingly you wish to counterclaim for 3 times the deposit amount. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney