Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Can a contractor claim LADS from a subcontractor a year

Can a contractor claim LADS from a subcontractor a year after completion of a job
JA: Where is the contractor? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am inj Cornwall
JA: What steps has the contractor taken so far?
Customer: I have instructed a debt collection agency to collect outstanding monies from him and today he has basically said that if I proceed with this he is going to claim LADS on a job that we finished over a year ago before this I had jeard nothing from him about this
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no not really except we did fall 3 weeks behind and received a non compliance notice for this

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I want to find if there is a time limit after a contract has finished that the main contractor can sue for LADs. I have instructed a debt collection company to collect a debt from a company I used to work for and in response they have threatened to sue for LADs on a job that I finished in July 2018 until now there has been no mention of their intention to do this either verbally or by post or email.

6 years under the limitation act 1980 from date of breach.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor

Query resolved.