Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

My car went up on fire on 28th Oct it’s being fixed but at a

Hello, my car went up on fire on 28th Oct it’s being fixed but at a cost of £2,789 and I can’t pay it on my benifits the car is still under finance and I’ve seen a report that the car I have it’s happened to others...who would I turn to for help paying this bill...
Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I phoned my hasting direct but that would put my insurance up to £900-£1000 and contacted the company am still paying till January 2022 and they were like we can’t do nothing all we car about is you pay us...I live in a rural place and I rely on my car for am going through a lot of scan and xrays for a big operation start of next year...
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just the phoning of my insurance company and finance company
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh am so sorry but I can’t pay for a lawyer am so sorry...x
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Am sorry I had to borrow £5 for I haven’t got anything with paying recovery vehicles

Please ignore the automated call request.

Just to clarify is it the case that you have evidence that other people that own the make and model of your vehicle have suffered the same faith?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
There is also a article that says it’s happened to the same car as mine...

When did you purchase the vehicle

Do you know why the vehicle went up in flames yet?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I got the car 2016, and all I was told was there was a hole in the engine
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Am so sorry I have no money, I had to pay for recovery and I had to borrow £5 for this and lady said I get the £5 back
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I got to hospital a lot for am due more surgery start of next year so I live in a rural area and rely on my car to get me to hospital for scans xrays and appointments

If the hole in the engine was told after you bought the vehicle and/or the hole in the engine was not the cause of the fire, thus given other vehicles such as yours suffered the same faith you may have a potential cause of action against the dealer/manufacturer of the vehicle as arguably the vehicle was not fit for purpose pursuant to the Consumer Rights Act. Further if you can establish this position it is likely you can convince the dealer and/or the manufacturer to pay for the repairs of the vehicle

do you understand what i have stated if yes, i will proceed to the next step

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It’s alway passed its MOT so the hole was only caused by the fire...
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I think I understand

where you informed about the hole in the engine before you purchased the vehicle

or after the purchase

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No the hole only happened on the 28th Oct when the car went up...

Thanks for the info

i suggest you undertake the following steps asap

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’ll do anything

• Seek to obtain a report on the damage to your vehicle which should address the cause of the fire.
  • print a copy of the article that shows other people suffering the same faith as you
  • Send the docs to the dealer and notify them that it appears the vehicle sold to you was defective and not of satisfactory quality pursuant to the consumer rights act 2015.
  • Notify them due to the defect the vehicle suffered damage and they should now foot the bill of the repairs.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
But am paying the fiancé till January 2022 and I phoned them today and they said they can help with the payment all they care about is I pay the £202 every month

Is the dealer or the finance company you are talking about

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The dealer is called The Car Finance Company and this is what he said to me
Hi Josephine.
I’m not sure to be honest.
I’d call your finance company and see what they say
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
So I’ve called the finance company and they said they can’t help in payments...

Please write a letter to the dealer once you have obtained the repair docs, article about other vehicles and repair costs. This is because it was the dealer that sold you the vehicle.

further you may want to inform the dealer if they do not provide the repair costs you file a complaint with the motor ombudsman which is a free service.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Even thought i got the car in 2016 and everything has been fine right up intil last week...
Thank-you so much for your time and help

Your welcome

Before you leave please rate the assistance provided by using the stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service provided.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Does it matter I got the car form the dealer in 2016

Yes because given the time period there is more onus on you to prove the vehicle was defective at the point of sale.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank-you so much...

Your welcome

Please dont forget to rate the assistance provided by using the stars button. Please note rating does not come at any extra costs.