ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I wanted to asl advice about buying propoerty together with

hi i wanted to asl advice about buying propoerty together with my husband and already knowing that our relationship might suffer soon - how best to protect both if our interests if we still want to by the property
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we are two weeks or so before exchanging contracts but can still jose to buy as owners in common rather than joint owners i wasnt sure if we maybe shoudl get a deed of trust written as well?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I would be minded to get a deed of trust drawn which sets out your intentions at this time as to ownership. It usually helps to make things clearer of there are problems ahead. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i did not realise i shoudl type my follow up question here...
wanted to ask if its possible to protect yourseld in the deed of trust for example in the circumstane when one party stops paying for the mortage but other woudl than cover 100% - would deed be hlpful here at all or that is something that cannot be protected upfront ? i mean the % ownership shodul change accordingly (?)

Yes. You can within a deed of trust agree any arrangement which you wish.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok thank you

ok