Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have a joint account with my husband that we use for

I have a joint account with my husband that we use for personal things, however we made one payment with that account for a business purpose and they have blocked that account and the other accounts we have with them. They require us to send document to confirm that we have a business and explain that that payment was a one off. However they don't say what happens after?
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: we are in Southampton, no we are just looking online to understand what are the bank procedures on this but there's no info
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi thank you for your message, what bank is this with?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
metro bank
Hi thank you for your message, if this is a one off payment it should not be an issue. They are likely just checking as part of compliance that you are not using your personal account for business purposes on a regular basis. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy, unfortunately they also started querying other payments and now we have to show proof to other payments. We will do but what is worrying us is that they don't give any guidelines as what proofs will satisfy them, also what if the proofs we are giving are not acceptable to them? do they keep our account suspended indefinitely? Are there any information available to the client to understand what are the steps when they freeze an account?
Because they didn't tell us that they frozen the account and lack of communication in this process we just want to close the accounts, that we opened not even 2 months ago. Can they keep the money indefinitely?

Hi thank you for your message, I am afraid you will need to engage with them on those points however, if you have continuing concerns then you can complain to the FOS here: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.