Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Their I am a victim of a case which is going to court so I

Hi their I am a victim of a case which is going to court so I have been called as a witness however I suffer from severe mental health issues and I am also 20 weeks pregnant. Am I able to be excused due to this
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: scotland
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: They said they can give me special measures but that’s all
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: it’s a domestic stalking case

Hi thank you for your message, you can ask that you do not wish to give evidence and no longer wish to pursue the case however, I must warn you that the court and the prosecution may decide to call you anyway and if you do not attend it is likely to severely undermine the case against the accused. If you do attend their are a number of special measures that can be put in place to try to minimise the stress of attendance such as screens so the accused cannot see you, video evidence where you could be in another room to the court room and give your evidence from there or finale one option you might ask for is pre-recorded evidence this would be where you will still be questioned by the prosecution and defence but this evidence will be pre-recorded and played to the court during the trial. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.