Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

A student in wales. I am at a student halls, and there is

Hello. My name is ***** ***** student in wales. I am at a student halls, and there is this other girl in my flat. I asked her to add me on Facebook, did not do for a month, and I have sent her about 8 messages asking why not on Thursday (yesterday). She explained why she did not which was because she does not use social media as much, to which I’ve responded with 6 messages, in the mean time since I do not see her as much in the flat, I wrote her a physical letter summarizing the first 8 messages. Today (friday) the girl accused me of harassment, and now the student halls called let-right want to kick me out of my accommodation due to this incident. My question is if this really was harassment since I was not aggressive, it wasn’t like weeks long, the girl did not tell me to stop or block me on social media.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Wales and no I do not have a lawyer. And it is the U.K.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a 20 year old student, who has this one problem.

Hi thank you for your message, this is likely to be construed as harassment. 8 messages in a day with no response, followed by a written letter is excessive even between partners, let alone flat mates. With this in mind, I suggest you seek alternative accommodation in another halls of residence and do not repeat this behaviour again if someone does not reply they are either busy or not interested. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.