12826847

I've just received a Notice of Enforcement for a traffic

I've just received a Notice of Enforcement for a traffic penalty charge. I haven't had any previous notice as we moved house. What can I do?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I just found out 1 hour ago
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its been issued by a company through Nothampton County Court

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Who is the issuer please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think its Task. That's the name at the top. Its through Northampton County Court
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I appreciate its Friday evening. So understand you are unable to call. I need to appeal this decision as it will impact my credit score significantly. It will influence the ability of my wife and I to get a mortgage
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The original notice is from 1/6/2017. We moved and I forgot to update my address with the DVLA
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But they managed to find my address for this.

Is this a CCJ or a decision of the adjudicator?

Wh was the original fine issuer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The original fine is from the Borough or Kingston upon Thames. I think it's a CCJ, it's from Task Enforcement through Northampton County Court.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Borough of Kingston Upon Thames

If that is a local council issue fine then that doesn't impact upon your credit rating.

It is a situation to be avoided obviously because the bailiffs enforce at your cost but it doesn't impact upon credit rating.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you confirm what you mean? The initial fine is from Kingston Upon Thames, (which I never received) but the letter received today (my first notification) is a Letter of Enforcement from Task Enforcement issued through Northampton County Court.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To clarify, Task Enforcement is the company/bailiff

Yes, that is a local council issue fine. That isn't a CCJ.

Therefore it will not show on your credit rating.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you!!!!

You can still make a statutory declaration if you didn't get anything but you will not have a default against you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will fill in the PE2 and PE3 forms as instructed. Thank you for your help. That's quite a weight off my shoulders!

No problem and all the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, I've already rated 5 stars. Thank you for your kindness.

All the best.